Unlike biofertilizers, biostimulants do not increase the plant’s nutrient supply, but stimulate its natural processes, promoting plant growth and development.
Symborg biostimulant products are compatible with the use of all types of fertilizers.
BENEFITS OF BIOSTIMULANTS
The new-generation biostimulants developed by Symborg offer multiple benefits:
- They promote plant growth and increase agricultural yields, optimizing the absorption of water and nutrients by the plant.
- They increase the plants’ tolerance to drought and salinity.
- They prevent soil degradation, contributing to soil regeneration from the effective mycelium network.
- They prevent CO2 loss by capturing the element and converting it into fungal biomass.
- They stabilize the ecosystems’ ecological functioning and productivity.
- As they are organic products, they do not produce undesirable residue on the plants, nor do they alter the genetic characteristics of the crops and harvests.
Biological inoculant developed specifically for seed coating in extensive crops such as cereals. It contains as active ingredient our exclusive species of mycorrhizal fungus Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum.Learn more
Micro granulated biological inoculant developed especially for extensive crops such as cereals. It contains as active ingredient our exclusive species of mycorrhizal fungus Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum.Learn more
THE BIOSTIMULANT REVOLUTION
ORIGIN AND FUTURE
The use of biostimulants in agriculture is almost as old as agriculture itself. Farmers have always tried to maximize their crops by using natural products that help improve their harvests. Traditionally, biostimulants such as manure, liquid waste or algae extracts have been used.
So, why is everyone talking about agricultural biostimulants now? Are we facing a new agricultural revolution?
In recent years, farmers have opted for the use of microorganisms, granting them better results, since they help both the plant and the soil. The most notable examples of these new-generation biostimulants are the products developed by Symborg.
After years of research, Symborg discovered and patented Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum, a mycorrhizal fungus that is revolutionizing the biostimulant sector.
WHAT IS GLOMUS IRANICUM VAR. TENUIHYPHARUM?
Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum is a mycorrhizal fungus. It is a symbiotic microorganism, but before continuing with this, let us discuss its origins.
In the soil, there is life.
It develops mainly in the rhizosphere, that is, the area of the soil near the roots of the plants. It is composed of roots, microorganisms with various functions, nutrients, organic substances and water.
It is in this area where the interaction between soil microorganisms and plant roots occurs, creating an ecosystem conducive to plant development.
There are three types of microorganisms:
- Symbiotic microorganisms: they are microorganisms that need the plant to live and directly relate to it.
- Associative microorganisms: microorganisms that, without penetrating the plant, or only occupying part of the root, carry out their activity from the root and into the soil.
- Rhizospheric microorganisms: microorganisms that develop and interact freely in the vicinity of the roots.
As stated above, Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum is a symbiotic microorganism. The plant provides the indispensable sugars for its survival and the fungus, in turn, provides the plant with nutrients and water. These are the basic elements for the biostimulant activity.
Such symbiosis is called mycorrhizal symbiosis, and it is the basis of the biostimulant effect of the products developed by Symborg.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF BIOSTIMULANTS BASED ON GLOMUS IRANICUM VAR. TENUIHYPHARUM?
Agricultural biostimulants based on Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum have the following characteristics:
ABUNDANT EXTRAMATRICAL MYCELIUM PRODUCTION
The extramatrical mycelium is the vegetative part (hyphae) that mycorrhizal fungi produce. This mycelium is created in the soil surrounding the roots.
Biological products based on Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum produce a greater amount of extramatrical mycelium, which ensures a better exploration of the soil. Thanks to this, a greater supply of nutrients and water from the soil to the plant is achieved.
SPORULATION HAPPENS OUTSIDE THE ROOT
What does fungal sporulation mean? Spores of a fungus such as Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum, which is mycorrhizal, contain part of the fungus’s genetic material, which then germinate and produce a hypha (microscopic filament, branched or not, which, along with other microfilaments, forms the vegetative body of the fungus, also called mycelium), which colonizes the plant.
In a nutshell, the process of external root sporulation refers to the fungus’s process of reproduction and colonization of the plant.
The advantage of this reproduction process being external to the root of the plant is that there is no break in the root’s continuity. In this way, the plant produces more roots and maintains a greater absorption of nutrients and water on a continuous basis
IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH ALL TYPES OF FERTILIZERS
This type of biostimulant shows a high resistance to saline conditions. This is why it is very effective in soils with high electrical conductivity while perfectly integrating into all intensive agriculture fertilization protocols.
HOW DO BIOSTIMULANTS HELP MY HARVEST?
Biostimulants based on Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum cause the following crop improvements:
- Increased water absorption.
- Balanced nutrition and optimization of fertilizers.
- Increased plant reserves.
- Increased photosynthetic activity.
- Hormonal balance of the plant, achieving an increase in the root system; and a greater fruit set, fattening and quality of the fruit (Brix degree, firmness, size, etc.).
WHAT ABOUT THE RESULTS?
The result of using Symborg biostimulants based on Glomus iranicum var. tenuihypharum is an increase in yield and crop quality, as well as an improvement in the chemical, physical and microbiological properties of the soil.
BUT WHAT ARE THESE BIOSTIMULANTS?
You can visit their product pages to find out in detail the keys about the uses and applications of each one of them.
You can also contact us for further information. One of our experts will personally manage your request to solve all your doubts.